- New rug!
- New throw pillows (Okay, old throw pillows covered with new fabric. I used my mad sewing skills.)
- New entertainment center/Ikea bookshelf turned sideways.
You may recall that I had aspirations to re-purpose an old dresser (sand, paint, new hardware, etc.). Until I found that older dressers at yard sales average $150, and you have to have a truck to get them to your house, not mention all the work and extra supplies involved in DIYing. So I went to Ikea and got this for $70. (Which was an adventure by itself, but I digress. Summarized bullet points, Em!)
- A yard!
- A vegetable garden! And so far, nothing has died!
- A gopher, which was discovered digging holes in our yard approximately 24 hours after the landscapers finished. If you ever need to get rid of a gopher, I have lots of tips.
- The facade of our house will be changing soon, too. Our builder made a mistake in building our house with the same elevation as our neighbors, which is against city code. They are making a small change so our houses will look a little less identical, and that makes me happy. I will post pictures when it happens.
- Benson walks! For real this time.
- Benson speaks! Or at least, he communicates. He understands most of what we say and nods or shakes his head in response to yes/no questions. He also has a few words: Dad = dada or dah, Mom = mama, ball = bahw, dog = dah!, more = mah, that = dat. While we're on the subject of Benson, let me mention that he is also super cute and quite a cheerful fellow. He loves to climb (on anything!) and always wants to feed himself.
- Cassie is a Joy School graduate!
- Cassie "earned" a bike by completing a sticker chart- she earned a sticker every time she was kind or said please and thank you without being asked. Really though, we wanted to get her a bike but didn't want to just give it to her without some work on her part. We wanted her to be in the habit of being polite and kind without being asked, so we decided on the sticker chart even though the bike was sort of a disproportionate prize.
Coming soon: a post about Memorial Day weekend!