- Put our chest freezer in the basement. Technically, we've owned this freezer for almost 6 years, but this is the first time it has lived in our home. It was a (very generous) wedding gift from Trevor's grandma, and Trevor's parents kept it in their basement until we moved out of student housing (because we had no room for it). We thought we could fit it on our balcony at our last apartment, but after Trevor's parents loaded in their suburban, drove it to us, and tried everything possible to get it onto our balcony, we finally succumbed to the fact that it wasn't going to fit through our sliding glass door (Or our window. Or be lifted via pulley system over our 2nd floor railing.) One of Trevor's co-workers kindly stored it in his unfinished basement until further notice. Then, when my brother and sister-in-law were pregnant with twins, they asked if they could borrow it and could stock it with freezer meals so they could still eat decent meals after the twins came. The twins are now 8 months old, and the freezer meals are finished, so they brought the freezer to us on Labor Day. The men had to take the lid off the freezer in order to fit it through all the doors, but it is successfully sitting in our basement, just waiting to be filled with food storage.
- Saw Renae's ring! My little brother is finally engaged to his awesome girlfriend, and we are SO excited! We absolutely love her and we have been looking forward to this for a long time. I told Trevor about 10 months ago that I wanted to host a bridal shower for her at our new house. So yeah, we are ready for this to happen. I really wish I had a picture of them, they are such a cute couple!
- Went swimming! My mom stayed home with the babies, and Dad and Christie stayed in the shade on the side of the pool, so it was just me, Trevor, Robert, Renae, Vaughn, and little Lexi and Cassie in the pool. We have loved visiting our neighborhood pool all summer, and we went early enough on Labor Day that we had the pool mostly to ourselves. Cassie was wearing her life jacket and playing with Lexi, so I actually got to (gasp) play in the water! Robert, Renae, Trevor, and I played keep away and some variations of fly's up, and I had so much fun! I need to get out more...
- Ate lunch. Mom did most of the work, but we all contributed a little bit and had a delicious meal.
- Played games. Mom and Dad beat us all on Apples to Apples, and I think Dad won the tiebreaker at the end. Our game of Uno Attack sort of failed when all the kids melted down, but Trevor, Mom, and Dad played some Bananagrams.
- Took naps, relaxed, vegged, etc. This is when I finally got out the camera:
Aw. Uncle Vaughn and Cassie snuggling and watching A Bug's Life.
Mom and Dad stayed for dinner, then we spent the evening outside talking with our neighbors while the kids rode bikes. It was wonderful to have a long, relaxing day!