Photo Courtesy of the amazing Michelle Wade
- Since day 1, Benson has slept at night. Of course, he wakes up to eat, but he has only been fussy once in the middle of the night. And that was only for 30 minutes. (Please don't throw anything at me out of anger or jealousy.)
- Benson is a spitter. I do laundry every other day (or more often) because he goes through so many burp cloths. And we have a lot of burp cloths. The good news: 1. He doesn't get upset when he spits up, so it's not causing him any pain. 2. He's gaining plenty of weight, so he must not be spitting up everything he eats. 3. Whenever any of our clothes get dirty, I know I won't have to wait long until they're clean again, since I do laundry so often.
- When Benson poops, it is almost always epic. (Read: blowout) It's like he saves it all up until it's just enough to leak out of a diaper. Little stinker.
- Benson smiles and laughs a lot. If he is in the right mood, all it takes is eye contact and a smile to make him happy. He has a contagious little giggle that we get to hear several times a day. It is so rewarding to have a happy baby!
- He loves his pacifier. And his fist. And basically anything else he can get in his mouth.
- When he is awake, Benson loves to be up and looking around. He's not a big fan of lying on his back or stomach, although we're working on it. When he's tired, a good swaddle will put him right to sleep. We're going to have to find some really light-weight blankets for the summer so he doesn't roast every night!
(I have a great video of Benson smiling and giggling, but I can't get blogger to post it. I'll put it here when I figure it out. Any suggestions?)