Sunday, June 12, 2011

Benson's Blessing




Benson was blessed on May 1st. Trevor did a beautiful job, and listening to the words of the blessing got me excited about Benson's future and the great boy and man he will become. I was so happy to have both of our families together for the day, although we missed our siblings who are far away. We fit 14 adults and 4 kids into our little apartment for a delicious lunch after church. We actually had fun and didn't feel too squashed! At the end of the day Trevor and I felt so grateful that we come from wonderful families and that we all get along so well.

Trevor's younger brother Rialey and his wife Kim. Aren't they a cute couple?


Trevor with my "little" brother, Robert. Happy Birthday, Bubba! We had cake and sang to him.

My mom and my brother Vaughn with his wife Christie and their adorable little girl, Lexi.



Trevor's older brother Glayd and his wife Maggie with their new little guy, Quincy

Let's eat!

Grandpa and Grandma Hawkes with the guest of honor. Watch out, G-pa knows how to use that binky.

Cassie with her cousin Aubrey. They have so much fun together! Cassie is devastated whenever she and Aubrey have to part. She asks me sometimes if we can go to Aubrey's house. Too bad they live 4 hours away.

"In Grandma Heaven!" as my mom would say.

Blondies! Cassie adores her Aunt Kim and Aunt Taja. Really.

Benson and the Gramps (another of Cassie's one-syllable alterations)

2 comments:

K-Krew said...

Looks like a great day! We're sad we weren't able to be there so thanks for sharing the pics. And 14 people is great! I think the most we've ever fit in our house was 9 adults 5 kids but it was kind of squishy.

heather said...

Congratulations! What an adorable little boy! (I can't get enough of little boys in argyle sweater vests...)

Contributors