Sunday, September 2, 2012

What makes me happy...

I love seeing my kids play well with each other. It melts my heart when Cassie is sweet and patient with Benson, and it makes me giggle to watch Benson understand what Cassie says and try to follow her lead.  Although he understands everything we say, Benson isn't much of a talker, so most of his communication is in the form of head nods and shakes in response to yes/no questions.  Cassie uses a high-pitched baby voice when she talks to Benson, which sounds like it might get annoying, but it's actually really sweet.  Sometimes, when Benson wakes up from his nap and I can't go get him right away, Cassie goes and plays with him in his crib.  I love hearing her little voice ask "Do you want me to read you a book?" and her cute "okay!" when he nods his head.  They also do a lot of wresting/tickling/rolling around on the floor over each other and giggling.  It makes me so happy to see them having fun together.  They seem to have some inside jokes, because sometimes they start into laughing fits just from looking at each other.  I am so, so glad they get along.  (Usually.  We have plenty of not-so-heavenly moments as well.  But I don't take pictures of those.)

One day, Benson was patient enough to let Cassie dress him up with a "scarf" (long-sleeved shirt tied around his neck) and hat (yes, an actual hat, but it belongs on a teddy bear, so it has ear holes...), then she led him by the hand to visit the "neighbors" (across the hall in Cassie's bedroom).
"He let me dress him up!"

Off to visit the "neighbors"

Cassie made a bed of pillows and blankets and convinced Benson to play "bedtime" with her.  Here they are, fast asleep...



2 comments:

K-Krew said...

Cute cute cute! I love it when the kids get along, although it's usually just the older two. Someday #3 will get the concept of sharing and not biting/hitting/punching. Someday.

Leah said...

So sweet. My heart melts when I hear/see my kids playing together too, I don't think there's anything better in the world.

Contributors