Sunday, December 2, 2007

Long Time No Post

With so much to share, I'm sorry I haven't updated our blog lately. Let's be honest though- I've been busy! Sometimes it's hard to find time to blog. :)
Our latest new is...I'm pregnant! We're expecting a baby on May 28th of next year. I think the pregnancy is actually a big reason why I haven't had time to blog lately: pregnancy can sure make you sick and tired! When I come home at the end of the day, I usually just want to sleep. Right now I'm trying to do more than I probably should on top of teaching middle school. My plan is to stop taking my current evening class so I have a little more time and energy for the things I want to do come January.
We had a great Thanksgiving break in Trevor's hometown of Oakley, Idaho (Good food, good people, and a lot of sleeping in). We are so excited for Christmas break! So many things to look forward to- Trevor's birthday (December 24th), Christmas (of course), and our first anniversary (December 29th)! Any anniversary suggestions? We want to do something special but we're not super creative. Let us know if you have any ideas. I'm also excited to be little Suzy homemaker and bake holiday-shaped sugar cookies for our neighbors.
I hope to post again before Christmas, but since my record isn't so good, I'll just wish you all a Merry Christmas right away! Thanks for your love and friendship, and may your holidays be joyful and relaxing.

6 comments:

Marilyn said...

Hi Trevor and Emily! I had a few ideas for your anniversary...I think you should eat lots of watermelon, since it's in season. G'bye!
Taja

Marilyn said...

Oh, and cookies and beans too.

Kristy said...

I'm sorry you're so sick and tired! It's great to hear how things are going. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Jeffery and Nicole said...

I'm sorry you are so sick! It will pay off in the end don't worry. Happy anniversary just in case I forget to tell you later!

Janelle said...

Congrats Em! Babies are great, though early pregnancy is not! I'm sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. :(

heather said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited for you! We're due 5 days apart! So, this is how I feel about being pregnant: it's really hard to think about anything else. When I feel sick (which doesn't happen too much anymore, thankfully) it's very consuming, and when I'm not sick, I'm thinking about how excited I am! So, I completely understand the lack of blogging. I haven't done very well either since I got pregnant. Anyway, I'm SO SO SO happy for you!
As for the anniversary, I liked the idea someone gave us of writing "love letters" to each other, with things we enjoyed during the last year, or ways we've grown together, and make that an anniversary tradition, so your kids can reading dozens of letters documenting their parents' marriage together.

So, seeing how long this is, I probably should have just emailed. Yay again!

Also, PS, I was just listening to Michael Jackson's "You Rock My World." What a great song to dance to....

Contributors