Monday, December 15, 2008

Personality

Cassie's personality is starting to emerge, and I wanted to document what we've noticed and what others have said about her. Some words that describe her:
"busy"
That's how the pediatrician put it at her 6 month appointment. Cassie grabbed her stethoscope, her hair, the tassle on her shirt...you get the idea. If something is within her reach, she reaches for it and puts it straight in her mouth. The pediatrician mentioned that Cassie has the strength to sit up, but not the patience. She's constantly moving around. Today I left her on the floor of the apartment happily playing with a toy while Trevor napped and I moved the laundry from the washer to the dryer. When I came back, I couldn't see her anywhere. I panicked for a moment until I heard her cooing...she had rolled across the room and was happily playing under the couch.
"mellow"
Ironically, the pediatrician asked me, "Is she always this mellow?" at her 4 month appointment. Cassie happily and quietly looked around the room and played with a toy, and was very patient as the doctor checked her out. The eye doctor was also impressed at how tolerant she was when he shone a light in her eyes. She stared right back at him when he expected her to squirm away from the light like most kids do. I think "easy going" is a better way to describe her. She isn't easily bothered or scared by loud noises and she loves to be surprised.
"loud"
Let's just say we don't usually get to stay in our meetings at church. She loves to talk.

"focused"
When she wants to, Cassie can stay focused on one thing for a long time. This is especially true when she's trying to grab something that's just out of her reach.

We sure love our little Cassie!

6 comments:

Katie Houston said...

I loved reading about Cassie! What a sweetheart. My goodness!

Kristy said...

What a sweetie! And what a blessing to have a busy, mellow, focused, loud baby! Kimball and Cassie are kindred spirits!

Katie said...

She is so cute and I can't believe how fast she is growing up. Thanks for posting about her personality!

Camille said...

It's so fun to see how much they change and develop and how they are just wired with their very own unique personalities from birth. She's darling!

Alicia said...

I'm ready to see her in person again!

Andrea McEntire said...

Cassie sounds like a fun girl. I hope I can meet her one day. Sounds like you are having lots of fun being a mom-as well you should! :)

Contributors