Monday, September 30, 2013

Ah, summer...

Now that I'm thinking about our summer to blog about it, I'm realizing that we had an awesome summer.  We crammed a ton of fun things into a few months!  Of course, I didn't get pictures of the "regular" stuff that we did all the time, like going to the neighborhood pool or hanging out with all the neighbors in the evenings.  Don't worry, I have those fond memories stored in my mind to sustain me through the long winter months. ;) I was going to try to fit the entire month of June into one post, but remember how I said we did a lot of fun things this summer?  So here is June, part 1.

On a Saturday, Trevor and I randomly decided we wanted to visit BYU campus.  We all drove down in our minivan (Oh, did I forget to mention that we bought a minivan?!? Yes, my heart died a little the day we sold our beloved little dying Prizm and bought a mommy-mobile.)  in the afternoon and walked around campus to see the changes.  In true university fashion, there are huge construction projects every year, so already a lot of things have changed since we left in 2010.  (Honestly though, the change I noticed the most was how much the trees have grown!  Especially the ones that were planted when I was there.)  We took pictures of our old stomping grounds:

Ah, the HFAC...the building I lived in for 4 years of my life...


 The view from the top of the Joseph F. Smith Building.  There is nothing like the mountains in Provo!

A common sight...a couple holding hands on campus

Trevor only posed in front of the engineering building, he didn't want to go inside.  Bad memories? ;)

 A very washed-out picture of me in front of our first apartment (third floor, with the flags hanging on the balcony). That giant tree is part of the reason I loved that apartment so much.  Living in a brand new subdivision makes me miss big, old, shady trees I guess.

We ate dinner at Brick Oven that night (a Provo classic!) and got home way too late for the kids' bedtime...but it was worth it.

Somehow I got invited to be in an awesome book club in my neighborhood, and in June we had the author Sarah M. Eden come to our book club (!) to discuss one of her books.  It was so cool to hear her perspective as the author and to pick her brain about the writing process.  And how amazing is it that she actually came to our dinky little book club?  She was awesome.  She is in the bottom left of the picture.

Our dear friends from our Wymount days, the Crocketts, visited us on their family vacation, and it happened to be Melanie's birthday!  (They lived in the first-floor apartment in the picture above.) We took the kids swimming, ate dinner, had cake and ice cream, and reminisced about when we only had one kid each.  Let's just say that getting together is a little crazier with 5 kids running around.  She was pregnant with her 4th and of course I have number 3 in my belly.  She is now the busy mother of 4 handsome little boys!  Yes, she is a rock star.

Melanie and me and a little frosting thief

The whole gang!

More June coming soon!

1 comment:

Amy Anderson said...

That's so fun! I love sarah eden!

Contributors