Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Camera-less Adventures

We've been having a great time this summer. I promise! I just don't have many pictures to prove it. Our camera's working fine, I just keep forgetting to take pictures, or forgetting to take the camera altogether.

The last weekend in July was the much-anticipated 24th of July celebration in Oakley, and our last chance to be with Trevor's entire family before two of his brothers moved far, far away. I took four pictures. Two of them feature Trevor sleeping face-down in the front room. I know, awesome. Here's the only one worth showing: Cassie enjoying Grandma and Grandpa's new little pool.
The boys played in the annual 3-on-3 basketball tournament and had fun, but wish they had done better. Good thing there's next year. I went to my first rodeo. Yee-haw! Let's be honest. My first reaction was, "this is a tad inhumane...." Calf-roping was the first event, and the first contestant flipped the calf pretty high in the air when he roped him around the neck. Ow. It got much less violent after that, and was really fun to watch. I was seriously impressed at the control they all had over their horses. The horses obviously trusted their owners and were so well trained. And the highlight of the evening? Driving home in traffic (5 mph?) RIGHT next to a drunk cowboy who was staggering home. Very entertaining. We were glad he was walking home.

We were in charge of a ward camp out last weekend, and I remembered everything we were supposed to take...except the camera. But there were lots of happy people eating Dutch Oven chicken and vegetables, and then lots of scattering people when it started to rain during dinner, and then lots of wet people huddled around a campfire making s'mores after the rain let up. The real adventure for Cassie was in our tent, though. Cassie was acting tired around the campfire, but as soon as she got in the tent and realized it was completely padded with sleeping bags and blankets, she got excited and started throwing herself around. With all that excitement, it took a while for her to fall asleep. But when she did, she was OUT. She slept in the same position the entire night. What do you think of that, mom and dad? (They went on a camping trip when my oldest brother was Cassie's age, and apparently no one got any sleep, since Vaughn was crawling all over them all night.)

Fortunately for you, Trevor remembered the camera on the backpacking trip he took with his brothers and dad. They had to come home a day early (Hooray! For Cassie and me, at least) because of the weather. They all had a good time roughin' it in the wilderness, even though they came home exhausted.






We've also been having fun at home. My parents and Trevor's parents have visited us a few times in the last two months. Those visits have definitely become more frequent since Cassie was born. I guess I can see why they like her so much. Here are some videos to give you an idea of how great she is.




5 comments:

K-Krew said...

Hi Cassie,
I like when you dancing. I like when you put make-up on. I wanna come see you. And I love you.
From,
LUCY

Katie Houston said...

Man, Cassie's got some moves! Like mother, like daughter.

Nana (Lonna)and Grandpa (Max) said...

I just love it when people post little videos. Then I can really see the child in action. She has grown so very much. I love her smile!

Andrea McEntire said...

That is too funny about your "camera-less" outings. Darn. Oh well. The Cassie dancing made up for it. Her dancing by the piano was my favorite.

Alicia said...

Love the dancing! You guys should come back to Denver so Cassie can teach Nathan her moves. Sounds like fun! I have to remind myself that memories still count even w/o pics :)

Contributors