Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Our little helper

I'm so smart. At least, that's what I decided the other day after I discovered a way to keep Cassie occupied while I made dinner. I asked her to be my "helper." I stood her on a chair, gave her a measuring spoon, filled the sink with a few inches of water, and asked her to stir. Brilliant. It kept her occupied for nearly an hour (!) while I worked. Definitely an improvement over having her under my feet, tugging on my pants while I cook. The only con was that she splashed a little, leaving herself and the floor quite wet. Oh, and the other con, that now all she wants to do is be my "hapah!" She's constantly dragging chairs over to the sink and reaching for whatever dishes she can grab, dipping her hands in dirty water and declaring "dah!" (stir). Maybe I'm not so smart after all.

Here's our little helper at work.

On the bright side, I'm much better at staying on top of the dishes these days. :)

11 comments:

Leslee said...

So cute! They love to help!

Brandon and Janelle said...

Hey that's a great idea! I'll have to try it one of these days....Hmmm I wonder if Kimmie can even reach our sink...

Kristy said...

Oh, that's adorable!

Leslie Bennett said...

What a great idea! Good work, Mom!

Suze B. Vinton said...

She is precious !!!

Leah said...

Good idea! I love the look on her face in that last picture!

Platte and Heather said...

That is soooo cute Emily!

Marie said...

Way cute! Next comes actual measuring!

K-Krew said...

I love this stage! And the look on her face in the last pic is priceless.

Marinda said...

Love it. I've totally used the same technique! Good for you for teaching her how to work!

Joanna said...

Now if only she could be your little helper and change her own diaper.

Contributors