Friday, May 14, 2010

P.S.

Last month I had the brilliant idea of teaching Cassie when her birthday is: "Dune Fif." It may have been a little early, though. I think I've created a monster. She likes to talk about her birthday, what kind of "pehsents" she wants, and she has worked very hard at holding two fingers up and saying "two!" Last week, Cassie announced to the cashier at the grocery store, "my birsday is coming up!" I can hardly get her to say "hello" when we see someone we know, but she happily announced her birthday to a stranger and immediately set to work holding her pinky and ring finger down (it takes her a minute) to show her age. A few days later, we had this conversation:
"I wanna dinosoh fo my birsday!"
"A dinosaur?"
nodding "An' a fog."
"A dinosaur and a frog?"
Where does she come up with these things? She also requested water for her birthday, and I told her I thought we could make that happen. :)

7 comments:

Janene said...

Well, Cassie needs the water so that the frog has somewhere to live!

Justin and Carissa said...

Haha! She is such a smart girl and understands so much.

Kristy said...

What a smartie she is!

Cassie and Kimball must be kindred spirits--he couldn't decide between a dinosaur cake and a frog cake for his 2nd birthday. :)

Andrea McEntire said...

Cassie sounds so stinkin' cute Emily! I love seeing the videos you post of her.

Suze said...

She is such a smart girl !

K-Krew said...

What a coincidence! Those are the exact 3 things Andrew wants for his birthday. They must be related ;)

Camille said...

How cute! I love how when they get something in their mind it is all they focus on for a while. She is SO darling, I can't believe she's going to be 2 already!

Contributors