Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ch-ch-changes

Exciting things are happening in our neck of the woods! Trevor just got a full-time job with an engineering company in Sandy and we found a new place to live. Trev started yesterday, and he'll be commuting for a few weeks before we move. I'm trying to pack and clean a few things every day so I'm not overwhelmed in the days before we move. So far so good.
Is it okay to brag about one's husband? I'm just so proud of him. Let's just say that the company he works for didn't have any job openings until they saw his resume. They basically created a job so they could have him. Mmmmmm-hmm.
Also, I am giddy with the thought of having a new space to decorate and maybe even *gasp* money to spend on decorating. Any favorite design blogs/stores/ideas? Do share.

11 comments:

Leslee said...

How exciting! Congrats and goodluck!

Marie said...

Hobby Lobby in South Jordan is AMAZING (and very reasonably priced). I could spend hours just walking through that store. Let us know if you need any help in the moving process! Congrats to Trevor too!

heather said...

my favorite is www.younghouselove.com. Go through their "house tour" and check out their portfolio. You can also see their ideas for other people's homes if you go to topics and click on Design Dilemmas. They do A LOT of DIY ideas and show you how to do things yourself and how to find deals.

D said...

Awesome! Sounds like it'll be a ton of fun. Good luck with the move!

K-Krew said...

Hooray for exciting times: graduation, new job, new place!!!

Restoration Hardware, Crate and Barrel, West Elm. Don't actually $hop there but I love their ideas. Champagne taste, beer budget. Shucks.

Kristy Lynne said...

Congrats! Good for Trevor!

I think Kimberly knows of a blog that shows how easy and inexpensive it is to make designer furniture. Really cute stuff. Check her blog or just ask her!

Good luck.

(P.S. Label your boxes well. You'll appreciate it later when you can look at a box and go "Oh, that's where I put my dish towels and the random screw driver I need!)

Leah said...

Good job Trevor!
I like Tai Pan Trading, they have lots of cute stuff for pretty cheap. We're going to miss you!

Stephen Arntz said...

Congrats! Of course it's okay to brag about your husband...few things make us husbands feel better(we need our egos stroked). Good luck with the move and congrats on the job! We are in the same house-filling/decorating boat.

Kristy said...

Woohoo!! Congrats! And can I just say: IKEEEEEA!!! Ikea, I mean. Ahem. Didn't mean to lose my head like that. :)

LBlackwelder said...

I like to walk around Ikea for ideas and sometimes I can't help myself when I'm in the temple to think ohhh that is a really nice decorating idea.

Andrea McEntire said...

Good for you guys! Best of luck!

Contributors