Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cassie's new bed

Less than a week before we left Provo, Cassie figured out how to climb out of her pack-n-play. (Yes, she slept in a pack-n-play. We were poor college students.) Oh, the joys of trying to keep her in her room. We inherited a toddler bed from my cousin and decided to set it up right after we moved, since Cassie was going to be wandering around her bedroom anyway. (Luckily, our new apartment has locks on all the doors. And when she figured out how to unlock the door, we bought a doorknob cover. And when she figured out how to pull the cover off, we super-glued it together. But I digress.) We decided check on her during her first night in the new bed, and it's become a nightly ritual. Why? Because she's hilarious:

We don't put her to bed with shoes and socks. Really.
I guess the floor is comfortable. (?)
That's an alphabet puzzle by her head. And those are the pieces, scattered all over the bed.
Who doesn't sleep with all their books piled on the bed?
And if not books, at least some toys.
Yup. Very comfortable.
This one's just sweet. She loves her Mother Goose book.
Well, she loves all her books.

16 comments:

My name is Becka said...

This post makes me SO happy.

How sweet :)

Holly said...

I saw your blog on facebook and I just couldn't not leave a comment! That is tooooo funny! You sure have a cute little girl!

Suze said...

This so cute and funny !

Andrea McEntire said...

How cute Em! I love that you are taking pictures of it. What a cutie pie.

Marie said...

Very funny, way to document it all!

Leah said...

Love it! She's so cute!!

Leslee said...

That is so funny! We moved Summy when we moved into our new place too. Luckily the childproof door handle has kept her in but you got to do what you got to do to get them to sleep:)

K-Krew said...

Noooo! I will keep my fingers crossed that James doesn't learn how to climb out too. And super glue...genius.

MartianMom said...

Cassie is so cute. Love that she sleeps all over the place like that. I do however have a simpler idea for you then superglue. My kids sleep walk so I had to figure this one too. They can leave the apartment if not careful. I found one out in the quad one night, anyway. Just turn the locking door knob around. So the lock is on the outside of the room. No superglue required. Just a screwdriver.

Cameron said...

Awesome.

Marinda said...

Oh how cute she is. My boys totally do the same thing. Pile their beds with books and toys. They also do the sleep half way off the bed thing. So funny!

Unknown said...

That is so great! I love it!

Monica Victors said...

I love these pictures!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

So funny ! She is getting so big ! She is such a precious little baby !

LBlackwelder said...

So funny! She is getting so grown up.

Katie Houston said...

This is the cutest blog post. EVER.

Contributors