Monday, March 7, 2011

Happy Holidays

"Happy Holidays" really is an accurate phrase for me- I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas every year. I get excited about spending time with family and relaxing and eating yummy food and making memories. For me, they wouldn't feel like the holidays if we stayed home- I feel like I can only fully relax and get away from the daily grind at our parents' houses. (When does that change? Eventually we'll stay at our house on holidays, and hopefully they will still feel like holidays to me...) Nothing super eventful happened this year, but I want to document it anyway in pictures.

We spent Thanksgiving with my family. Basically, I took no good pictures. So this is what you get.

[Classy tourist shirt courtesy of Wells Fargo, modeled by my brother Vaughn. It was a freebie my dad got at work. He couldn't pass it up. Obviously.]
Adorable Lexi, who is getting so big SO fast!

And a better-documented Christmas trip spent with Trevor's family:


Cassie and cousin Eliza were super helpful (ha!) and kept getting out the brooms to sweep the floor.
She looks innocent enough, but every time someone sat down to play the piano, Cassie sat next to them and eventually pushed them out of the way- "I want to play the whole piano!" (P.S. Another reason I love the holidays is the music. I love love love Christmas music!)
Happy Birthday to Trevor! He is such a good sport about having his birthday on Christmas Eve.
Cassie and her adorable cousin Paul on Christmas morning

Cassie's gifts: a doll house and a set of blocks (both were big hits- Eliza and Cassie sat and played with the doll house and wouldn't open presents for about 15 minutes. And I can't decide who likes playing with the blocks more- Cassie or Trevor.)

I obviously did a horrible job of taking pictures of any other members of Trevor's family. I'm grateful his mom is so good about taking lots of pictures of everyone!

After Christmas, we had a little celebration with my family. We drew names and filled up stockings for each other. New camera! Can you tell?


1 comment:

Marie said...

I'm beginning to see that my camera is fading fast. I really wanted it to last through grad school, but I don't know. Looks like a fun Christmas! I can only imagine how much fun those girls have when they get together.

Contributors