Monday, March 7, 2011

Playgroup!

I am so glad that a friend in our ward decided to organize a playgroup for 2-3 year olds this fall! Cassie and her little friends have had so much fun playing together, doing crafts, and learning a little each week. It has really helped Cassie overcome her shy/clingy phase and make some great new friends. I think the organized lesson portion of it has helped all of the kids learn some basic concepts and learn how to sit and focus for a while. I think I speak for all the other moms when I say that the 2-hour break each week has been pretty nice for us, too!

One week they all insisted on wearing hats. I really had to document it.
This was the same week that the girls spent the whole time "shopping" with their "purses" and the boys spent the whole time pushing a car back and forth. :)

One week we had our short lesson on daytime and nighttime, so we had a pajama party, made a fort, and had a 30-second sleepover in the fort. Then I woke them up from their "sleep" and they ate cereal for "breakfast" at snack time. They had a lot of fun that day playing in the fort.

Cassie decided to have playgroup with her dolls and stuffed animals one day, so she got out all of their playgroup mats (aka kitchen towels and hot pads) and set things up in the hallway.

Instead of keeping all of Cassie's little art projects from playgroup, we decided to take pictures of them:

2 comments:

Dianna said...

She is so grown up! I haven't dialed into your blog for so long and all of a sudden she is a little girl and not a baby. I guess that happens, especially with another one on the way. Good luck on Friday!

K-Krew said...

The playgroup sounds like fun and Cassie is looking so much older. And I like the idea of taking a picture of the art projects. We did that with Lucy's crafts and made a book. She still likes looking through it.

Contributors