Friday, June 20, 2008

Sweet, sweet baby

I'm sitting here with an adorable two-week-old baby asleep on my lap and thinking about how blessed I am. Really, I had so many worries and fears about having a new baby (everyone tells you their horror stories) and so many of them have disappeared. Some things I am thankful for:
  • Cassie has brought so much love into our home! I love Trevor, he loves me, we love Cassie...yesiree. :) We definitely are a happy family.
  • People are so NICE. So many people have been incredibly kind and thoughtful by offering to help, visiting, bringing meals, calling, etc. You know who you are- thank you!
  • I feel grrrr-eat! (think Tony the Tiger) Honestly, I was afraid healing would be long and painful...but it's been quick and pretty painless!
  • Cassie is really cute. Has anyone else ever feared having an ugly baby? Anyway, I'm really glad she's so stinkin' adorable- it makes all the hard things a little easier.
  • Cassie is in a pattern of sleeping for two 4-hour blocks of time at night. I haven't done anything to deserve this blessing, but I sure am grateful for it.
Here are some pictures from the last two weeks:

Here she is in her bouncy seat. The sleeper is a little too big...thanks to Jessica for bringing over a few more newborn-sized clothes!




Hmm...she already has some crazy sleeping positions! It's a little too hot to swaddle her, so sometimes we find her sleeping with her arms in strange places...













And here's what happens when I leave Trevor alone with her:Thanks, Kristy, for visiting with your adorable Kimball! It was great to have some company today.

8 comments:

Leslee said...

I was excited to see new pictures! She is looking very cute. I am glad she is a good baby for you, that really helps make the whole transition easier:) I recognize some of those crazy sleeping positions, it is funny what they do with their arms when they finally have the room to move them!

Janelle said...

Em,
She is a doll! And looking at you and Trevor, there was no way of ending up with a baby anything less than adorable!

Camille said...

How fantastic! What a blessing that she has been a good baby, makes the whole recovery thing so much better. I hope things keep going well.

W said...

I'm so glad to see more photos! She's a doll. Glad to hear you are doing well. So glad that she is being good for you.

Melanie said...

What a sweet post! I love how beautiful she is. And, that glasses picture cracked me up!

Janell R. Cropper said...

She really is so adorable!! I'm glad you are doing well. It was fun to see you last week! I'm sure you're a wonderful little mommy!!

Marie said...

The glasses are definitely something Trevor would do...she is darling!

Laura said...

I'm so glad to hear you and the baby are doing so well (I hope you still are!) That's wonderful!
I love these pictures! Such a precious baby and I love the glasses look :)

Contributors