Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Did you know...

  • Trevor was valedictorian of his graduating class...of 24 people.
  • Emily was 5'9" in 9th grade and Trevor was 5'8" at the beginning of his senior year. Good thing we didn't know each other back then.
  • In the last two months, Emily broke her pinky toe and Trevor sprained both of his ankles.
  • Emily played competition soccer until she was 15.
  • Trevor played basketball in high school and still loves to play.
  • All of Trevor's brother's were Homecoming King. Trevor was the Quiz Bowl Captain.
  • Emily took private violin, piano, and voice lessons growing up, and was the Music Sterling Scholar at her high school. (It's a Utah thing.)
  • Both Trevor and Emily graduated Magna Cum Laude from BYU.
  • Emily threw up in Susan Easton Black's Church history class at BYU. Sister Black's response was, "Whoa! Projectile!"
  • While opening a package of ground beef from Trevor's parents, Emily asked, "Did your dad hunt this?"
  • Trevor has glasses, allergies to most farm animals and many plants, and had braces growing up- twice. Emily has perfect eyesight, no allergies, and never had braces. I guess someone got all the good genes.
  • Trevor was an officer in his student chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers at BYU.
  • Trevor served an LDS mission in Recife, Brazil.
  • Emily loves musicals. Her top favorites are Wicked, Ragtime, and Aida.
  • Emily sang in Women's Chorus and Concert Choir at BYU.
  • After hanging out at Emily's apartment one night, months before we started dating, Trevor commented to his roommate, "How is someone like Emily not married?"

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Very enlightening! I love it!

I always knew you were perfect, Miss Good Genes.

Aida! Good times!

And are you coming YET? I'm getting impatient. :)

Katie said...

Fun!

Janell R. Cropper said...

I think they're doing Aida at the Shakespearean Festival this year...anyway.. :) Yay for music sterling scholars! Having that in common helps me feel like I'm fitting in with the fam!

Lisa C said...

I love this post! Dan and I have a similar gene pool situation as Trevor and you. So funny. You are two very interesting (and impressive) people! I'm glad you found each other, although, I have to agree with Trevor that he's lucky you made it as long as you did single!

Marie said...

Very fun! Way to go on magna cum laude, that's awesome. You should compare the size of high school graduating classes :)

K-Krew said...

Fun reading.

I remember being there for the Music Sterling Scholar award. I think that Thom and I were recently engaged then.

Andrea McEntire said...

That was a good idea for a blog. Emily, I read your blog post about note writing in junior high. I think Adam was that guy who was friends with Chad and Jeff. I can't think of his last name though... We really did master the fine art of note writing didn't we? Who cares about education-as long as we know how to write a note!

Anna White said...

This was such a fun post! I am glad I came across your blog today...I think I am going to become a more regular follower. It was fun to run into you the other day. And even MORE fun that you are playing with Kristy and Alicia. :)

P.S. Hope you don't mind if I leave an extra little comment here too... I get lots of points for extra blog comments... I am trying to win this awesome scrapbook desk at The EZ desk Giveaway Vote for it if you have a minute!! :)

Contributors