Monday, June 15, 2009

Catch Up: Post 1

Sorry about the lack of posts on this blog. Trevor and I were traveling for a few weeks. I'll be catching you up in increments. Here's Post 1: Denver!

Background: Trevor decided to go to China as part of a Mega Structures course (Once in a lifetime opportunity, and only gone for two weeks! We decided we could handle two weeks apart.) I figured Cassie and I would just spend time with my parents, until they announced they would be on a cruise for the same two weeks. I didn't want to stay at home, and I had enough frequent flyer miles for a free round-trip ticket, so we flew to Denver for the first week to spend time with two of my closest friends, Kristy and Alicia. They were SO generous and took care of us very well.

We swamand playedand crafted
and playedand barbequedand playedand ateand played.
AND best of all (in my opinion), we jammed. Which I didn't get a picture of. But imagine three music-obsessed women belting out their favorite songs from musicals and playing the piano as loud as they want. Oh, it was good.

So a big thanks to Kristy and Alicia and their beautiful families for making me feel less like a single parent and for making it fun fun fun!

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Thanks for the pics! I'm excited to hear about the rest of your trip.

Sitton said...

Glad you were able to get away while Trevor is gone! It is hard work by yourself:)

Camille said...

Sounds like a ton of fun, how great that you were able to spend your time apart from your husband by having so much fun...makes the time go faster.

Lisa C said...

How did you make those shirts? I want to do it! SO cute!

K-Krew said...

So glad you were able to have a fun trip while Trevor was in China (can't wait to hear more!)

And I second the cute t-shirts. Very crafty :)

Joanna said...

Looks like you girls had a blast.

Contributors