Monday, January 28, 2013

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

I really, really love the Christmas season!  We put up our Christmas decorations a few days before Thanksgiving...don't worry, I scolded myself a little bit.  But I loved it.  And I love listening to Christmas music.  I don't usually love listening to music (did anyone know that about me?  It's true.  I like silence.), but almost every Christmas song is fun and uplifting, and they all bring back good memories of Christmas, and I can almost always sing along (I do like that...).  Really, the only drawback to the Christmas season can be summed up in a quote I saw on facebook: "Phew!  It's December!  Oh wait, I'm a musician."  December is busy for everyone, but add in a bunch of performances and it gets ridiculous.  I sang with a 7-woman acapella group during December this year, and even though it made my life crazy, it was so, so much fun!


Here we are after a performance at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building on Temple Square.  Highlights of the season:  laughing so much during rehearsals, singing for grateful hospital patients, Jill making hilarious comments (the pitches!), Kate's high kick, hearing the audience laughter during "Calorie Christmas" and trying to keep a straight face, and having family and friends support me at performances.  I really enjoyed singing a different genre of music than I'm used to.  It was fun to loosen up and become more confident as a soloist as well.

Besides being busy with my performances, we also:

enjoyed Cassie's Christmas dance recital


took cheesy pictures of our little brother


posed by the Christmas tree

"worked out" to mom's prenatal exercise video (This was so funny...she was wearing her "exercise" clothes and she was trying so hard to do all the exercises correctly.  Don't worry, I got a video for future posterity.)


checked out the presents under the Christmas tree

and of course, spent time with family.

More to come about the rest of the season.

3 comments:

Janene said...

Okay, is this another one of your "let's drop a really sly hint about my being pregnant and see how many people notice" posts? Prenatal exercise videos?

I listened to your Calorie Christmas song on YouTube, and it was pretty awesome.

Thanks for getting pictures up from Robert and Renae's wedding; I enjoyed seeing those.

Emily said...

Oops- no, not pregnant! Although, if you promise not to make fun of me I might admit that sometimes I do my prenatal workout video anyway.

Shelly said...

I thought the same thing as Janene! Don't worry Emily, first time I did a prenatal video when pregnant I stopped after 10 min, tired and then the video said "now that we've stretched, let's get started". Ouch! If you find something that works, stick with it. And I second a thank you on the pictures.

Contributors