Friday, January 25, 2013

Wuv and Mawwiage pt. 1

My "little" brother Robert got married to an amazing girl in November!  I got to host a bridal shower for her in October (a dream of mine one year in the making...remember this post?) and I wanted to get the pictures up to show my sister-in-law, Sarah.  Here they are, 3 months later!  I'm trying to catch up, okay?

Beautiful Renae!  It was a kitchen shower, so we each gave her one (or two...or three) of our favorite recipes and a gift to help her make our recipe.  We have a lot of family members that live out-of-state, so some aunts and cousins emailed a recipe for her.

 Aunt Christine and my sister-in-law, Christie, who organized the shower with me

Aunt Nancy and cousins Heather and Kristy 

Cousin Kathy and my mom, Ilene 
Sorry, no close-ups of Melanie, Rachel, or me.

Kristy made this cute apron for Renae, and Renae texted me a picture of Robert wearing it that night. :) 

We decorated a little with fall colors with tissue paper balls and fresh flowers.

 Talking and listening was the best part of the shower!  We answered a few trivia questions about our family to help Renae get to know everyone better, but I think we all learned something new about our family that day!  Renae told us the story of how she and Robert met and started dating, which was both hilarious and touching.  I am so glad they found each other!

1 comment:

K-Krew said...

Loved seeing the pics. Cute decorations and now that I've seen your house in person I can picture it better. Thanks for sharing.

Contributors