Monday, November 4, 2013

August: the last hurrah

With Cassie starting kindergarten at the end of August, I was more conscious about soaking up our last precious days of summer.  I wasn't awesome about taking pictures, but I was totally satisfied that we had enjoyed a full, fun summer by the time she started school.

The dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point had a new exhibit called "Tinkering" that was so much fun, we didn't even make it to the dinosaurs when we visited a few times in August.  The kids loved these giant tubes with fans blowing up from the bottom.  They put little lightweight cups, coffee filters, etc. in the tube and watched them float up and out of the tube.

Cassie is the excited blur in this picture:




 Cassie made me this adorable vase with flowers, and we kept it on our bathroom counter for several weeks.  I just had to get a picture of it to remember how sweet she is.

Daddy and Benson found a snail!

We love our neighbors across the street!  Here are Cassie and Benson walking home from church and holding hands with Jaden and Avery.

This is currently my phone wallpaper. I am so, so glad they get along and love playing together. Lucky me. :)

I tried to capture a classic summer moment in our neighborhood.  This was the last day before Cassie started school.  I love our neighborhood!
Some of the neighbor girls playing with ponies- the perfect way to end the summer!

No comments:

Contributors