Monday, November 4, 2013

First Day of School!

I was nervous about Cassie starting Kindergarten for a long time!  Really, every time I thought about it a year ago, my eyes started to water.  There's just something overwhelming about your baby starting school.  It felt like the beginning of the end to me.  Luckily, I felt like I had a lot of time to mentally prepare, so I didn't shed a tear on her first day!  I did fall apart a little during her assessment when she first met her teacher, but it was nice to get it over with then.  And once I had met her teacher, seen her classroom, and seen how excited Cassie was to begin, it made it a lot easier to send her off.

The obligatory "first day of school" pictures:




Saying goodbye to my baby at the school:

Stepping off the bus after a successful first day!

She was so tired after her first day!  I took a little video of her after we walked home:

The first week was an adjustment for all of us!  Cassie was tired and hungry after school the first few days.  Benson cried every time Cassie left, and I had to get creative to keep him happy and occupied.  We are all adjusted to the routine now, and Benson is getting better at self-entertaining.  

No comments:

Contributors