Monday, November 3, 2008

Two weeks

What I did in the last two weeks:
1. FINALLY decided who to vote for. Honestly, I'm not entirely pleased with Obama or McCain. I waffled back and forth between them for while, then considered voting for a third party candidate but didn't like any of them either. I'm not going to announce who I'm voting for here, but you can make a guess if you'd like.
2. Started Cassie on solid foods. She's a champion with rice cereal! We're starting carrots this week, so I hope she likes them as much as the cereal.
3. Got professional pictures taken of Cassie. My brother and sister-in-law got family pictures taken, I fell in love with the photos, then their photographer moved to Utah! How convenient. Unfortunately, Cassie was tired and nothing we did could make her smile. I'm sure there will still be some good pictures...after all, Cassie is a baby, and we all know they don't have to smile to be adorable. The first thing Cassie did when we got home after the photo shoot was smile for her daddy. Go figure.
4. Went to three Halloween parties! The best part? The food: cupcakes, chips with homemade salsa, caramel apples, hot wassail, scones, homemade chicken noodle soup...yum. Cassie dressed as a fairy, wings and all. Pictures to come. :)
5. Saw High School Musical 3 with some girlfriends. I was positive Trevor wouldn't want to see it with me, so I knew I needed some girls with a stomach for cheesiness. It was awesome. I love how corny musicals are, and this one is over the top. We laughed out loud a lot and might have offended some of the 8-year-old girls in the theater. Besides the cheese, it was really creative and the dancing was amazing. My face hurt from smiling when we left.

7 comments:

Alicia said...

I won't guess who you voted for, but I know who I hope you voted for! :)

Okay, so I need to know: how did HSM 3 compare to 1 and 2? Because I really enjoyed 1, but 2 was WAY too cheesy. I couldn't stomach another one like it. Curt nearly barfed (he liked 1 enough to watch the Disney Channel premier of 2 with me).

I can't wait for pictures!

Emily said...

Leash-
I didn't like HSM2 very much either- especially Zac Efron Dancing on the golf course- but this one was refreshing, like they recognized that it was cheesy and kind of embraced it instead of trying to take it seriously. Plus there were some genuinely funny moments. I approached it expecting cheese though, so my advice is to approach it with that attitude.

Marie said...

HSM3 was definitely worth watching--glad to see someone else enjoys them :) I'm excited to see pictures!

Kristy said...

Oh, Thom and Sara's pictures are so amazing! I can't wait to see yours. And now I want to go see HSM3. And 2, I guess, also. :)

K-Krew said...

Glad you were able to get together with Ginnie. Can't wait to see the pictures. I'm sure they turned out great :)

Suze B. Vinton said...

I want to get pictures for Alex, can I have the info for the photographer? I like your new backgroung..

Emily said...

Suze- I just put a link to her blog in a new post. She has a link to her email her from there. Have fun!

Contributors